Is Your Business Really Protected Against Data Loss?
The loss of mission critical data is not just an inconvenience - it can mean the end of your business! Yet while vulnerability to data and application loss grows every day, many if not most businesses have inadequate corporate data backup and restoration strategies. Is yours one of them?
Risks of Inadequate Data Backup and Restoration Strategies
The five principle causes of data loss are:
- Hardware and system failures
- Human error
- Software corruption
- Natural disasters
Causes of Data Loss:
Increased reliance on electronic business solutions, technological advances that support the ability to store massive amounts of data more efficiently, and the proliferation of sophisticated viruses and malware all contribute to the rapidly growing loss of business data.
The impact of Data Loss
What would happen to your business if you lost your electronic business systems and data and couldn't restore them for a week? What if you couldn't restore them at all?
Some sobering statistics:
- 93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy within one year and 50% of businesses that found themselves without data management for this same time period filed for bankruptcy immediately. (Source: National Archives & Records Administration in Washington)
- Companies that aren't able to resume operations within ten days (of a disaster hit) are not likely to survive. (Strategic Research Institute)
- A commonly noted but unreferenced statistic is that 60% of companies that lose their data will shut down within 6 months of the disaster.
Data Backup and Restoration -
What You Need To Know!
- Corporate Data Backup is Only Half a Solution: Restoration is the key! A surprising percentage of data restorations fail for many of the same reasons data was lost in the first place.
- Backup Your Systems and Data to a Secure Offsite Data Facility: Storing data onsite or at an insecure offsite location does not offer adequate protection for your business.
- Managed Corporate Data Backup and Restoration is Critical: Unmanaged products and services that rely on user controlled backup and restoration can leave your business vulnerable and waste resources.
ACF's Managed Corporate Data Backup and Restoration Solutions
ACF's managed data backup and restoration solutions provide businesses of any size with the most secure, reliable, and timely backup and restoration services possible.
Here are Just Some Advantages of our Managed Data Backup and Restoration Solutions.
- Your requirements are assessed to determine what needs to be backed up and how often (e.g. data, database applications, Exchange Server, SharePoint, etc.).
- Data and application backup is conducted automatically on a schedule that meets your business requirements.
- Data is backed up at a state of the art, highly secure, data center.
- Data Backup and restoration is conducted remotely, by experienced professionals, freeing your staff to focus on your business and eliminating disruption in workflow.
- Data backup functionality, restoration functionality, disc usage, and other diagnostics are conducted daily.
- Managed data storage and retrieval can also remotely manage redundant onsite backup and restoration at no additional ongoing cost enabling faster restoration (i.e. when onsite storage is unaffected by an adverse event).
- Data backup and restoration is "Platform Independent" (e.g. supports Windows, Apple and other operating system platforms).
- Onsite services are available quickly if needed, for example when an adverse event involves theft or a natural disaster. Use of a local, managed data backup and restoration company is important!
Call ACF to Learn More about the Safety of Your Business Data or to Arrange a Free Vulnerability Assessment!